New York Stylist (and UGauGrrl #ModernMuse) Andrea Graye of the fashion and lifestyle blog “Graye Note” shares her favorite ways to style UGauGrrl shirts in our first-ever “UGauGrrl Style” series! Follow her and Graye Note on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube and check out her next looks on our blog in the coming weeks!
I LOVE styling with tees. They are super comfortable, and I really like the unique looks they create when I mix them with high-fashion pieces. My absolute favorite tees to style are ones with inspirational quotes or images, so you can imagine how EXCITED I was when UGauGrrl invited me to style their fabulous tees for you!
The first look I created for all of you lovely ladies is for the office! Here are the 6 pieces you need to look professional and chic!
- UGauGrrl T-Shirt: This whole look is based around the amazing “I Am Not Content” tee in Grey from UGauGrrl. It’s fabulous because it has an amazing message AND the cut and color are so utterly chic.
- Charcoal High Waisted Knee Length Skirt: To make our fab tee office-ready, we need to pair it with a skirt of an appropriate length and fabric. The herringbone pattern on this one says, “professional but not boring.”
- Black Hidden Platform Pumps: One word: gorgeous! The right shoe really can make or break an outfit. I love a hidden platform heel because they elongate the leg, bring high fashion to our look, and can be worn to work!
- Black Structured Satchel HandBag: This bag is giving us fashion and function. The metal accents, smooth leather, and structured shape are so powerful and add such cool elements to our outfit.
- Short Chunky Necklace: We definitely need some jewels to complete our look and make it polished for the office. A necklace with gold tones (almost brass), but not bright yellow gold, will warm up our look. The stones jazz it up and pull in the grays from the tee and skirt.
- Multi-Strand Bracelet: I don’t like jewelry sets with a bunch of pieces that match. Instead, I love to mix pieces that “go” or “vibe” together. This bracelet in Soft Silver goes perfectly with our look because it has brassy undertones.
Have a glamorous day, Ladies!
Andrea Graye 🙂